The Pepwave Max BR1 MK2 is perfect for RVers and travelers looking to use cellular data and campground WiFi to stay connected on the road. You can load up to 2 SIM cards into this router from multiple carriers and select which SIM card and carrier to use. You can also use it to connect to campground WiFi when needed. This router will turn your cellular signal and the local campground WiFi into a secure WiFi network of your own, right inside of your RV.
Cat 6 Single Cell Modem
- The Max BR1 MK2 has a single Cat 6 cellular modem. This means you can only use one SIM card (cellular plan) at a time to access the internet.
Note: This unit takes full size “Mini” SIM cards. If you have existing SIM cards that are the "Micro” or “Nano” type, then plan to purchase the SIM card adapters from us at checkout.
Dual Sim Card Slots
- Although the Max BR1 MK2 has one cellular modem, it allows you to use 2 SIM cards (cellular plans) in the one modem and switch between the two plans as needed. This allows for the redundancy often needed to stay connected while on the road. You can also set limits and rules for when you want to use one cell plan over the other which is a great feature when you are trying to conserve one plan and only use it as a backup. You are not using both cell plans at the same time with this router; however, there are routers available that allow you to use 2 SIM cards at the same time which will improve your connectivity. (See the Max Transit DUO Cat 6 and Cat 12 routers.)
WiFi as WAN Capabilities
- The Max BR1 MK2 has WiFi as WAN capabilities which means you can use it to access campground WiFi using 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.
Supports All Major Carrier Networks
- US Carriers: AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, and US Cellular (Certified on Verizon)
- International Carriers: Rogers, TELUS, and Bell
Supports Carrier Aggregation
- Cat 6 routers like the Max BR1 MK2 support Carrier Aggregation (CA) which means they have the ability to connect to 2 cellular bands (from the same plan) at the same time. By combining more than one cellular band together, it is possible to increase the bandwidth available. Traditional hotspots and phones are usually only able to connect to one cellular band and the tower selects which band you are using. With the Max BR1 MK2 you can choose which primary band you want to use (the tower selects the second) which allows you to avoid the crowded primary band used by phones and hotspots. To see the bands supported by the Max BR1 MK2, check out the specs below.
Increased Throughput and Speeds
- Because of Carrier Aggregation, the Max BR1 MK2 has higher throughput and speeds than your traditional cellular router (Jetpack, MiFi, hotspot, etc.)
- The Max BR1 MK2 has theoretical download speeds of 300 Mbps and upload speeds of 50 Mbps. Real world speeds will be less than that.
Pepwave MAX BR1 MK2 Router
AC Wall-Style Power Supply
12V Cigarette Style Power Supply
- 1 GPS Antenna
- 2 WiFi Antenna (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz)
- 2 2dBi LTE Antennas
COMPATIBLE EXTERNAL ANTENNA OPTIONS:
Permanent omni-directional antenna: PEPWAVE-PUMA 221
5-in-1 Antenna (2 Cell, 2 WiFi, 1 GPS)
Optional extension cables: A-CAB-119 (3-meter extension cable) or the A-CAB-119 (5-meter extension cable)
Temporary directional antenna: POYNTING-A-XPOL
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Great Price and great performance.