The Pepwave Max BR1 Pro 5G is perfect for RVers and travelers looking to use cellular data and campground WiFi to stay connected on the road. You can load up to 2 Nano SIM cards into this router from multiple carriers and select which SIM card and carrier to use. You can also use it to connect to campground WiFi when needed. This router will turn your cellular signal and the local campground WiFi into a secure WiFi network of your own, right inside of your RV.
5G Single Cell Modem
- The Max BR1 Pro 5G has a single 5G cellular modem that also supports Cat 20 4G LTE-A. This means you can only use one SIM card (cellular plan) at a time to access the internet.
Note: This unit takes the smallest "Nano" SIM cards. If you have existing SIM cards are larger, check with your carriers about exchanging for a Nano SIMs.
Dual Sim Card Slots
- Although the Max BR1 Pro 5G has one cellular modem, it allows you to use 2 SIM cards (cellular plans) in the one modem and switch between the two plans as needed. This allows for the redundancy often needed to stay connected while on the road. You can also set limits and rules for when you want to use one cell plan over the other which is a great feature when you are trying to conserve one plan and only use it as a backup. You are not using both cell plans at the same time with this router; however, there are routers available that allow you to use 2 SIM cards at the same time which will improve your connectivity. (See the Max Transit DUO Cat 6 and Cat 12 routers.)
WiFi as WAN Capabilities
- The Max BR1 Pro 5G has WiFi as WAN capabilities which means you can use it to access campground WiFi using 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.
Supports All Major Carrier Networks
- US Carriers: AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon and US Cellular
- International Carriers: Rogers, TELUS, and Bell
Supports Carrier Aggregation
- The Max BR1 Pro 5G supports Carrier Aggregation (CA), which means it has the ability to connect to up to 8 cellular bands (from the same plan) at the same time, though realistically you may only see a max of 4 bands being used at one time. By combining more than one cellular band together, it is possible to increase the bandwidth available. Traditional hotspots and phones are usually only able to connect to one cellular band and the tower selects which band you are using. With the Max BR1 Pro 5G, you can choose which primary band you want to use (the tower selects the second), which allows you to avoid the crowded primary band used by phones and hotspots. To see the bands supported by the Max BR1 Pro 5G, check out the specs below.
Increased Throughput and Speeds
- Because of Carrier Aggregation, the Max BR1 Pro 5G has higher throughput and speeds than your traditional cellular router or hotspot.
- The Max BR1 Pro 5G has the following theoretical speeds:
- 5G: 4 Gbps download and 700 Mbps upload
- LTE CAT-20: 2 Gbps download and 150 Mbps upload
- Real world speeds will be less than theoretical speeds.
Pepwave MAX BR1 Pro 5G Router
AC Wall-Style Power Supply
- Cigarette Lighter Style 12V Power Supply
- 1 - GPS Antenna
- 2 - WiFi Antenna (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz)
- 4 - 5dBi LTE/5G Antennas
COMPATIBLE EXTERNAL ANTENNA OPTIONS:
- Permanent Omnidirectional 7-in-1 Antenna (4x4 MIMO, 2 WiFi, 1 GPS): PEPWAVE MOBILITY 42G
- Temporary directional antenna (2x2 MIMO): POYNTING-A-XPOL (NOTE: The XPOL will only have 2 cellular connection so it would work to improve signal on one of the modems in your dual modem unit)